Ride Like MADD during Bike Safety Month
May is National Bike Safety Month and to celebrate, cyclists can join the 2023 Ride Like MADD Tour De Florida Challenge.
The Ride Like MADD Tour De Florida Challenge is an indoor/outdoor cycling challenge benefiting Mothers Against Drunk Driving Florida. It is the only cycling challenge in Florida working to end traffic fatalities. All monies raised will stay in Florida to expand MADD’s community outreach to encourage Floridians to never drive impaired.
The challenge takes place during the month of May and offers the following incentives:
- Riders who complete 39 miles in May will receive a sport towel. Why 39 miles? Because someone is killed by an impaired driver every 39 minutes. Everyone who rides 39 miles will receive this prize
- Riders who log 100 miles for this 100% preventable crime will receive a cotton T-shirt to commemorate the accomplishment
- If you complete 247 miles in May, you’ll receive a dri-fit long sleeve shirt with your mileage commemorated on the arm. Why 247? Because MADD is available for victims 24/7.
- Go for the yellow shirt by riding 500 miles. The number 500 represents the number of impaired driving arrests made every week in Florida.
- Riders who raise more than $250 in donations will receive a commemorative cycling jersey
Registration is $45 and can be done online at www.madd.org/rlmfl Riders can register as a solo rider or register as a team captain and build a team to ride with. Use Promocode: RIDE for $5 off registration.
Mileage will be verified via rider’s Strava accounts once they join the Ride Like MADD Florida Strava Group.
So far, there are almost 100 cyclists signed up from 35 teams. The participants have raised nearly $20,000.